Wednesday 30 April 2008

Living Simply and Being Grateful

Given all the current issues around food, energy and the future of our planet, you might like to read this http://doing-it-naturally.blogspot.com/2008/04/even-as-child-i-was-mule.html
Molly has expressed it all so beautifully.

I was reflecting on this and thought that one of the keys to living simply, sustainably and reducing our consumption and load on the planet is to be grateful. The rationale behind this is that if we are grateful for what we have, then we are less likely to "want" other things (stuff!) and therefore to consume less and live within our planet's means.

So I thought I'd start by writing down ten things I am grateful for:
  1. my loving partner, family (including the cats!) and friends
  2. being able to go to bed each night, knowing all my loved ones are safe, fed, clothed and housed
  3. being able to see, hear, touch, feel, taste, walk, talk, laugh, sing, dance, live
  4. my back yard in which I can grow food and muck around in the dirt
  5. my income
  6. living in Australia and all the good things that brings with it
  7. my old sewing machine (it's 26 this year, but still a trooper; last year I had a serious case of sewing machine envy when a dear friend bought a new machine (she really needed it!), but I got over it)
  8. the fresh air I breathe every day, just by opening a door or window
  9. the stash of fabrics and wool I have for quilting, sewing, knitting
  10. sunshine and laughter
So here's the challenge - what are ten things you are grateful for? Would love to hear.

love and light
naturewitch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well thank you for those kind words Nature, I will take on your challenge and list my top 10....what a wonderful idea girl!

Blessings:)

The Crone at Wits End said...

Missing you heaps my dear and loving your challenge. I need to remember what is important in my life atm!