Saturday 22 August 2009

Italian Vegetable Seed

Some women have shoe fetishes; I must admit to seed, book and craft fetishes. But the one I write of here is unashamedly seeds.

Last week at work, one of my colleagues said that she'd managed to obtain some Italian vegetable seeds for her father (who is Italian). Of course, at lunchtime, I simply had to investigate! I happily returned with no less than eight packets of Italian vegetable seeds and a website to look at - http://www.theitaliangardener.com.au/

I am absolutely thrilled with this find as they have seed available that I've not seen in any other Australian seed companies. They also carry some organic seed stock.

Here's a picture of one of their tomatoes which I will try to grow this year. It is supposed to yield 400g fruit, which are very fleshy, with very few seeds.

So, if you share my addiction to trying out different varieties, have a look at what they have to offer.

Happy gardening!

love and light
naturewitch

4 comments:

Louise said...

LOL I share your obsessions

belinda said...

Woman of my own heart,

I have looked at the italian gardener collection a couple of times and drooled. I have to say I would probably get in quick.. I have a feeling there was a change in quarantine rules early this year that means we may not be able to get these tomato varieties in the future unless they have been seed saved within Australia.

Kind Regards
Belinda

Cheryl said...

Hi Naturewitch....you are back at last and facing another hot summer....

We are still very hot and dry here....I will be glad when autumn arrives to be honest.....

Look forward to seeing your yield from the tomato seeds.......

I have more of a flower seed obsession....but each to their own....

Have fun......

naturewitch said...

Hi Louise
Yes, we must feed our addictions ...

Hi Belinda
Terrible woman :)! Now I'm going to be tempted to buy all of the varieties I've not found elsewhere, just in case I can't get them again ... hmmmm, seeds!

Hi Cheryl
Yes, I've noticed your hot summer. Maybe you'll get some rain soon (not torrents like you had a while ago) and next year will be milder. I think we just have to get used to planning our gardens around the extremes..

love and light xo